With half a million podcasts covering every topic imaginable—and more than 3 billion downloads per year—podcasts are what your target reader is listening to today.
Podcasts provide an increased, optimized level of consumer exposure:
Podcasts provide a special opportunity for you and your book to reach a fully engaged listener when and where they want to hear your message and with the endorsement of a host with whom the listener already identifies. Podcasts have four key elements that will benefit your book's message and drive engagement:
- Podcast subscribers are a 100% “opt-in” audience guaranteeing listener loyalty to the podcast and strong engagement with the content.
- Podcast interviews are exclusively long-form which allows you the time and the platform to tell your story, share your philosophies, and capture the listener’s interest in your book – a significant difference from radio and television interviews which rarely give you more than 3-5 minutes.
- Podcast episodes are transmitted, promoted, and shared via social media, blogs, and the podcast's website thereby providing their guests with multi-platform visibility. Often the podcast’s site includes comprehensive show notes about your interview, single images or photo galleries, your book's cover and excerpts, and direct links back to your site, sales portals (Amazon, B&N, etc.), and social media accounts – all of which increases your SEO ranking and discoverability.
- Podcast episodes live on their hosting platforms (iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, etc.) forever. The podcast listener's behavior mimics a television viewer's in that new fans of the show will go back and "binge" old episodes giving you and your book maintained exposure for years to come.
2017 podcasts by-the-numbers:
- 67 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly
- 42 million Americans listen to podcasts weekly
- Podcast listenership has grown 11% in the past year
- The average podcast listener subscribes to 6 different podcasts
- 2/3 are listened to on a tablet or phone
- 52% are listened to at home
Endorsements for The Podcast Team:
DMPR has booked podcast tours for several North Star Way authors. We and our authors have been delighted by their professionalism, attention to detail and follow through. Our authors have been very pleased with their tours, and with this extensive reach. Podcasts are a great way to make the most of our marketing dollars.
– Michele Martin, VP, Publisher, North Star Way/Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Thanks for doing a excellent job. You guys have been great to work with and you exceed expectations.
– Tony Wrighton, Sky Sports (UK) Presenter, NLP Expert
When my publisher hired Dalyn and his team to promote my book I was blown away by their effectiveness and professionalism. After that campaign I knew if I was going to grow my personal brand this was the agency with the integrity, commitment and creativity to help me. I couldn't be happier and I'm certain I've made the right investment.
– Kathleen Trotter, Globe and Mail contributor, author of Finding Your Fit
The Podcast Team is committed to helping authors transform their messages into authentic interactions that allow them to realize their goals and make an impact in the market through interviews on top, category-aligned podcasts. With 3 affordable pricing tiers, we have a plan to fit your budget AND your dreams. www.ThePodcastTeam.com